Electrical Maintenance Technician
Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire - onsite working
Diamond Light Source is one of the world’s most advanced scientific facilities. We are home to the UK’s synchrotron light source – a giant microscope producing beams of light 10 billion times brighter than the sun.
About the Role
We now have an opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Technician with responsibility for providing both technical support and assisting the team in performing building services and building fabric maintenance.
The key duties of the position include:
- Primarily electrical maintenance as well as some mechanical maintenance of Diamond Electrical / Mechanical and Building Services Infrastructure and facilities.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on all site services, including electrical systems (LV switchgear and distribution systems), lighting, UPS systems, LV standby generators, fire detection and smoke control systems, lightning protection, etc.
- Carrying out basic analysis/diagnosis of air conditioning equipment such as fan coil units and air handling units etc.
- Assisting with monitoring and testing duties.
- Supervision of external contractors, service engineers and suppliers as required, including sub-contractor technical audits.
- Carrying out and assisting with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements.
- Participating in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Undertaking non maintenance duties (such as small project work) within the IFM Group when required.
- Participating in some ‘on call’ arrangements during commissioning and operation.
You should have served a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and hold a City & Guilds BS7671 Wiring Regulations Qualification or demonstrate equivalent knowledge. You should also hold a BS2391 Electrical Testing & Inspection qualification.
- You should be able to demonstrate experience with LV Electrical systems, Electrical cabling to 18th Edition Wiring Regs, and experience with UPS systems, LV standby generators, fire detection and smoke control systems and lightning protection.
- Any experience of HV systems, Building Management Systems, Air conditioning systems and HSE legislation will be beneficial, as will computer skills.
- You will be well organised to prioritise tasks to meet planned maintenance timescales, and you will display good written and verbal communications skills.
Diamond offers an exceptional benefits package to support staff in achieving a positive work/life balance. This includes 25 days annual leave plus 13 days of statutory and company holidays, along with flexible working hours and an excellent pension scheme. Staff also have access to a range of amenities on site including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities. A relocation allowance may also be available where applicable.
Please use the online application process to apply and tell us why you believe you are suitable for this role.
The closing date for applications is 3rd December 2023. however, we encourage early applications as some candidates may be interviewed before this date