Facilities Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Diamond Light Source is one of the world’s most advanced scientific facilities. We’re home to the UK’s synchrotron light source – a giant microscope producing beams of light 10 billion times brighter than the sun.
We offer exceptional staff benefits including 25 days annual leave plus Christmas closure, along with flexible working hours, an excellent pension scheme and access to a range of facilities onsite including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities.
About the Role
We now have an opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician with responsibility for providing both technical support and assisting the team in performing building services and building fabric maintenance.
The key duties of the position include:
- Mechanical maintenance of Diamond Electrical / Mechanical and Building Services Infrastructure and facilities.
- Assisting with monitoring and testing duties.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on all site services, including air conditioning and air handling units, piped gases, hot and cold water systems (including unvented and pressurised systems), MTHW/LTHW systems, Chilled Water, refrigeration, etc.
- Supervision of external contractors, service engineers and suppliers as required.
- Carrying out and assisting with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements.
- Participating in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Some participation in ‘on call’ arrangements during commissioning and operation.
You should have served a recognised craft Apprenticeship in an Engineering or demonstrate equivalent experience.
You should have experience from some (not all) of the following areas:
- HVAC systems.
- Process & Chilled Water systems.
- LTHW/MTHW/Compressed Air systems.
- Drainage/Vacuum Drainage systems.
- Liquid/Gaseous Nitrogen Systems
- Equipment controls and BMS (building management system).
- Quality Control Systems, Work Planning and Safe Systems of work.
- HSE legislation.
Please use the online application process to apply and tell us why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Diamond is a thriving international organisation, attracting a diverse range of talented individuals from around the world. Our staff currently comprises 39 nationalities and we welcome applications from everyone interested in joining us.
The closing date for applications is 22nd May 2022.
Where relevant, and possible for the role, we will consider flexible working arrangements, secondment and job share opportunities.
Diamond attract talented individuals from around the world and currently employ 44 different nationalities. Reflecting trends in our sector we employ more men than women (77% men and 23% women as at March 2021). Therefore, we particularly welcome applications from suitably qualified women.
If you are disabled and would like to be considered under the Disability Confident Scheme, please let us know via the online application process.
Diamond are members of Working Families (the UK’s work-life balance organisation), we have also achieved the Athena SWAN Bronze award and Disability Confident Level Two.
This role does not meet the required skill level for a Skilled Worker visa and therefore we would be unable to sponsor individuals due to the current UK Home Office immigration rules. To be appointed to the role, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship from us.